Thursday, March 12, 2009

Brother can you spare a dime?

OK. So.

Last Thursday night before I went to bed, I SWORE I was going to sign up for AIDS Walk Houston. Money donated goes to a good cause and I had been a slacker in trying to request donations. With the current economic conditions, I decided to set an achievable goal and to give people an incentive to donate (a set of handpainted cards by me!).

In less than 24 hours, I reached my goal so I raised it to $700.

THEN, I met that goal. People really amaze me.

I am not raising the goal to $1,000 but just in case you're wondering, I am $80.00 short of $1,000. And to think I was only trying to raise $200.

I know that times are tough and some people can't donate and trust me, I completely understand. Be there in spirit with the thousands of walkers who will take to the streets of Houston on Sunday, March 15.

If you can spare $20, how about pushing me to $1,000? Remember, for every $20 donated I will give you a set of 5 cards that I have made. For more information, click here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

timmy thanks for walking this year.this is the first year in awhile that i'm not going to do the walk...so thank you:)

David Dust said...

Timmy -

That is so incredibly impressive. Your friends/coworkers/donors are TOO fierce to pony up that kind of money in a recession.

You should be proud of yourself.

XOXOXOXOXOXO