Monday, January 18, 2016

As I See It - 01.11.16 - Let's dance

Sunday evening I fell asleep watching The Golden Globes. I awakened, turned off the telly and went to bed.

When I awakened on Monday morning, my newsfeed was filled with tributes to David Bowie. He died on Sunday evening after a bout with cancer. It was not publicly known that he was ill. And even more bizarre, on his birthday, January 8, he dropped a new album with a song titled Lazarus.

I only saw David Bowie perform once. It was in Dallas at Reunion Arena on October 10, 1987, when his Glass Spider Tour came to town. As expected it was a great show. Here is the set list from that evening.

One of my all time favorite lyrics is from Let's Dance. It is, "Put on your red shoes and dance the blues."

I heard someone on the telly talking about why we mourn people we've never met (in the context of artists, musicians, actors, etc.). And what they said made sense. It's because these people shared their talent and took us to another place. And such was the case with the incomparable, David Bowie.





A real Facebook friend of mine shared this on her page. I had never seen it. You'll love it!

No comments: