Monday, January 25, 2016

As I See It - 01.17.16 - Mile 6

If you're going to run 26.2 miles, 13.1 miles, or even a 3 mile jaunt, you want the morning to look this with low temps:


And so, this was my view from The Calvinator's Upper Kirby Crib on the morning of the Chevron Houston Marathon & Aramco Houston Half Marathon. The Crib is just a few short steps from Mile 6. Eminem has 8 Mile, I have Mile 6. And this is how I saw it that day. If you want to see my tweets, follow me on Twitter @absolutrunnr

Cops blocking Richmond Avenue @ Kirby Drive (looking south).

Looking north on Kirby.
Crowd and well-wishers/supporters start to gather.
I incorrectly inflated my bam bams but they worked for awhile.
Runners.
Do not panic. There is no reason to run.
Beginning to thin out.
Fat heads always liven things up. It WAS a street party at Mile 6.


And then this happened:




Followed by this happening:


No comments: