Thursday, January 7, 2016

Pic(s) Of The Day - 12.31.15 - End Of The Year

Let's face it. I'm not as young as I used to be and I feel my energy level dropping. I fall asleep in a chair watching the telly. I end up dropping my phone and/or my glasses. I've determined that scrolling through Instagram or Facebook is hypnotizing and can put me to sleep.

If you've been following me for awhile, you know that I have gotten way behind with my posts. For the most part, I've been taking the picture(s) of the day and then playing catch up. Also, if you've been following me, you know that I attend St. Anne Catholic Church in Houston and typically once a month I help with a 5:00PM Mass.

I guess it was appropriate that the year ended with me back at church on the evening of 12/31/15, as an extraordinary minister for the 6:00PM Mass. Some people know that January 1 is recognized in the Roman Catholic Church as The Solemnity of Mary and is a holy day of obligation. New Year's Day is not a holy day of obligation.

I was quite content being at church on the evening of 12/31/15. It seems that toward the end of the year, the were numerous deaths within the families of my circle of friends. There were also many people who became ill. The prayer list has been long. So rather than makes plans to be out with the amateurs, I went home after Mass; after counting my blessings.

The Christmas decor was still up. This church is so beautiful on the inside, it really doesn't need much decor. And all through Mass, I kept staring at the poinsettias so I thought I would share that with you.



No comments: