Friday, January 16, 2009

Nice set of legs you have there

This coming Sunday is the running of the Chevron Houston Marathon. In addition to the marathon, there is a 1/2 marathon and a 5K. For the first time since 1998, Str8 Up With A Twist will not be participating in any of the events.

Some might think it is because I am holding a grudge over something that happened this past Summer. Could be but not really.

Actually I will be doing a road trip with The Calvinator. One of cousins is getting married this weekend.

I'm sort of going to miss all of the hoopla that goes with marathon weekend but maybe it it is good for me to step back from it. I haven't been real keen on running these days so this may be the definite break that I need.

To all of those who are running, good luck. Run hard! Run strong!

To all of the spectators, enjoy the eye candy. Cheer hard! Cheer strong!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be at mile 23 banging my tamborine...

Miss Ginger Grant said...

I, as usual, will be sleeping off a hangover from coronation night. What makes anybody think they want to run that far when they have a perfectly good car (and nobody is chasing them) is beyond me!

"Tommy" said...

so what is up with u slacking off the running..

life is changing or is it just time to go in another direction

hugs to ya buddy

J Duarte said...

I am finally a marathon finisher!! You created a monster!!.. It all started when you told me to join Power In Motion. Then after that I ran and ran and ran more.... Thanks for leading me in the right direction.

How are you!