Thursday, January 1, 2009

525,600 minutes

I realize that as I am posting this we have already lost some of our 525,600 minutes in 2009. Don't worry we're still in the 500 thousands so we still have time to spend in 2009.

A few years ago when I went to NYC during the Christmas season, I was invited to attend a Saturday matinee performance of RENT. According to the friends on the trip, RENT was all the rage that year. It was new and it was the latest thing on Broadway.

I had been really busy with work that year and hadn't paid much attention to what was happening on The Great White Way. So, I said sure. It's a musical. It's on Broadway. Why the hell not?

I fell in love with RENT and have seen it several times since, including the movie. Everytime I hear Seasons of Love, I get a lump in my throat. And once again, here is a good example of performers giving it their all.

Happy New Year everyone!


5 comments:

Peter said...

Timmy, have a great 2009!

Timmy said...

Peter, thanx and same to you!

Anonymous said...

FELIZ ANO NOVO

(^.^)

FELIZ AÑO NUEVO

(^.^)

HAPPY NEW YEAR

(^.^)

HAIRYBEARS
http://hairybears.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

bravo!

peace & love to you Timmy.

Margo said...

Awesome! Can't wait to May when we see it. I'm definitely bringing kleenex.