Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Where do I begin?

To tell the story of how great a love can be? Everytime I start a conversation with that question, "Where do I begin?" I hear Andy Williams singing The Theme from Love Story. Well, I don't have a love story to share. Sorry.



I feel like I haven't stopped dancin' yet I haven't been able to stop and have a cocktail catch my breath. There's been quite a bit going on.

Work is pulling me in 20 different directions all at once. I was at a conference for part of this week and picked up some new ideas. Even though I was about 1.5 miles from the office, I might as well have been 1600 miles away. So of course I get back into the office mid-morning today and caught myself having to take deep breaths and not feel overwhelmed.

I haven't been running. I haven't been working out. I'm going to get as big as a house. More of me to love.

I did attend a fun soiree at Museum of Fine Arts/Houston on Monday night. That also happened be at the same time of the arrival of the typhoon that hit Houston this week. OY! Thunder & lightning and lots of rain.



I met some interesting people from around the country. I'm always amazed at the number of people who know about my place of employment.

The Latin Grammy Awards will take place tomorrow night. Downtown is full of Latinos & Latinas. David Dust would be in Papi Heaven. Having the awards here in Houston really puts us on the map. From what I understand, this will be broadcast all over the U.S. & Latin America. ¡Aye Dios Mio! And I think this is the first time that the awards have not been held in Miami or Los Angeles.

So it's been cool to see all the happenings around the Toyota Center, the George R. Brown Convention Center and the Hilton Americas. I'm just wondering if Ricky will be shaking his bon bon and will Shakira's hips not be telling lies?

Madge arrives on Sunday and brings her Sticky & Sweet Tour to Minute Maid Park. I'm not sure what to wear. A Jean Paul Gaultier inspired bustier? There was some banter about wearing a WWMD? t-shirt. LOL

I've been so busy I didn't even realize that Top Chef/New York starts tonight so on that note...gotta go!

3 comments:

Viv said...

Timmy your post says it all...Take a breath papi! I almost forgot about TC too. Have it set to record, now if I could not get hungry while watching i would be set.

David Dust said...

All those Papis!!!!! If you see that adorable little Daddy Yankee, please kidnap him and send him to NYC. I need to "punish" him for endorsing John McCain...

And don't stress about the diet/exercise. You will always be better at that stuff than I am.

XOXOXOXOXO

"Tommy" said...

Being busy is not a bad thing.

And I am sure you will get back to workout routine soon.... you are always not too far from those running shoes.

oh what about some Christmas Cards ?????