Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day (cont'd)

It is 10:00PM CST here in Houston, Texas. NBC & CNN have declared that Barack Obama will win the election. Calvin & I have been watching both stations tonight while doing chores.

Based on the previous two Presidential elections, I was expecting this to end up with another major fiasco either in Florida or Ohio.

It took a coalition to get Barack elected. It appears that the Hispanic (Latino) vote did play a role reaching this milestone in American history. Many of my friends didn't believe me when I said that I was concerned that the Hispanics would stay home and not vote for an African-American. As odd as that sounds, it is a fact that many of us know. Plus, George W. Bush did well within the Hispanic community in previous elections. And the Clintons have been longtime friends of the Hispanic community. It all came together tonight. A potpourri of demographics got him elected.

If you have been an avid reader of this blog, you will remember that I was a Hillary supporter. While I did not actively campaign for Barack, I always knew that I would vote for him. And I am glad he won.

3 comments:

Viv said...

It did go smoothly I was sure Florida would be outta control...

Brettcajun said...

After I heard Hillay Clinton speak in Denver, I finally let go of any resentment I had towards Obama. I am thrilled he won last night. WOOHOO.

I am just not thrilled with Proposition 8 passing in California. I DEFINITELY feel like I need a drink after hearing that sobering news! UGH.

A Girl From Texas said...

Oh Happy Happy, Joy Joy! I love that man! I'm so glad he won with such a clear and decisive victory. That is what I was hoping for.