Sunday, November 9, 2008

Are you ready for some football?

Friend David invited me to join him at Reliant Stadium for the game between the Houston Texans and the Baltimore Ravens. I haven't been to a Texans game in a couple of years so I was more than happy to accompany Friend David.

Long story short, the Texans lost.

Football games are great places for people watching and I had more than my fill of people watching today at Reliant Stadium.

I have always heard (and I believe) that citizens of the U.S.A. are more overweight than citizens of other countries. Well, is it any wonder? The food selection at Reliant Stadium consisted of funnel cakes, hot dogs, nachos, chicken tenders, hamburgers, ice cream, french fries, popcorn, cotton candy and beer!

I also noticed that people don the most unusual attire at football games. There were a few that I wanted to walk up to and say, "Did you look in the mirror before you walked out of the house?"

I'm not sure what it is about professional football games that makes people wear silly hats AND paint their faces? I do wonder what happens if they don't use body paint or face paint? What do they look like at work the next day?

Then there are the cheerleaders. I determined that to be on the Texans' squad you have to have long hair. The long hair seems to accentuate the dance moves of the scantily clad females.

There are four guys who carry HUGE Texans flags and when the Texans score they run from one of the field to the other. The Texans don't score very often so the guys don't get much exercise and think two of them spend their time eating funnel cakes, nachos, etc. They should take a lesson from the cheerleaders who appear to only eat celery sticks. Just sayin'.

2 comments:

David Dust said...

I hate that football season happens in the fall/winter - because you can't see any hot bodies in the stands.

Summer baseball games (especially at Yankee Stadium in the Bronx) are EXCELLENT places to see hot Papis with hot bodies.

I hope you at least ate a funnel cake for me!

XOXOXOXO

Viv said...

I still like watching it at home better I have a har keeping up with the ball from a far. You are right a whole different crowd of people at football games.