Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Pic(s) Of The Day - 05.26.15 - Noah, Where Are You?

I'm not a meteorologist and I don't play one on tv but I think I can spot trouble when I see it coming. You see...

It's been wet not only in Houston but in most parts of Texas. It's been called historic flooding. In 2011, most of Texas was in a severe drought and Lake Travis in Austin has been at record lows. Well, 2015 isn't the same story.

I digress.

Monday, I was watching the forecast and there was a storm system coming from the west but there was also a system coming from the southwest and they were going to collide. The forecast was for the the big storm from the west to just move on through. Wrong.

They collided and stalled right over Houston. It was so bad that The Calvinator awakened me twice to get in bed. And when we woke up on Tuesday, this is what the city looked like.



It was so bad, most businesses closed or delayed opening. Most school districts were closed. People who got caught in it slept in their cars or abandoned their cars

No comments: