Sunday, June 7, 2015

Pic Of The Day - 06.04.15 - Pic Of The Week

This magazine cover was released earlier in the week. It blew up the internet.

Bruce Jenner is transitioning from male to female. A few weeks ago, he did an interview with Diane Sawyer and that blew up the internet.

When I found out that Annie Liebowitz was going to do the photoshoot for Vanity Fair, I knew she would do a classy job and she did. I have not actually but my hands on the magazine but I have seen the photos.



Quite a bit has been said, both positive and negative, about Caitlyn Jenner. Not everyone has the opportunity to be interviewed by Diane Sawyer and photographed by Annie Liebowitz and be related to the Kardashians. Everyone's journey in life is different.

I do know some people who have transitioned from male to female and female to male. Regardless of ethnicity and/or socio-economic class it isn't easy on many different levels. Good for Caitlyn Jenner to be able to but her journey on everyone's computer, smart phone and television. It's much different from the time that Renee Richards made headlines in 1975. If I remember correctly, Life Magazine did a story about Renee so unless you were privileged enough to have the magazine in your home or if it was even covered on the evening news, you probably didn't hear about it.

And in true social media fashion, people have taken to bashing Caitlyn Jenner...and it's from all sides. Quite a bit has been said, but Motherhood Unscripted says it best. I couldn't have stated it any better than this lady.

No comments: