Friday, May 15, 2015

When Love Came To Town

I woke up this morning to the news that The King Of The Blues had died, B.B. King.

I only saw him perform one time and it happened to be on November 24, 1987 in the arena of Tarrant County Convention Center in Fort Worth. TCCC was the place for some of the concerts that would come through the DFW area. Dallas had opened Reunion Arena and competed for concerts. In November of 1987, U2 booked two shows in Fort Worth. On November 23, The Bodeans opened for U2 and on November 24 The Bodeans AND B.B. King opened for U2.

When Love Comes To Town premiered at the concert. They filmed the performance and used it in Rattle and Hum. I am accustomed to saying that I have been in a movie because when they pan the audience, I was there.

Today, many things have been said about B.B. King so I won't reiterate them. I will say that I am glad that I was able to see him perform and share his talents with the masses.

RIP B.B. and thank you for singing the blues.

No comments: