Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Pic Of The Day - 05.02.15 - Everything's Coming Up Roses

So...this is my hat that I created for Legacy Community Health Services' Annual Derby Day Celebration. It's the official kick-off for Mint Julep which will be held on July 19.

I was inspired by the Rodrigue: Houston exhibit that is on display. It consists of a Blue Dog, some roses and horses that I cut out of a plastic table cloth...oh, and a plastic, flying disc kind of thing...oh, and some balsa wood, poster board, a fez, and plenty of duck tape. I was working on it until 12:00PM on Saturday and I had to be at the venue by 2:00PM. It was definitely a Tim Gunn make it work moment. And in my head I could visualize Nina Garcia critiquing it. I definitely could have won an unconventional hat making contest.



To see photos from the event, visit Legacy's flickr page.

No comments: