Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Pic(s) Of The Day - 04.30.15 - A Balcony With A View

On Wednesday, I attended a reception for Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater Revelations Residency that is being presented by Society for the Performing Arts. The main reason I attended was because I wanted to go inside 2727 Kirby Drive. It is a high rise down the street from me that slants at an angle over Kirby Drive.

I'm really glad that I attended because there was a lady there from Alvin Ailey that was so inspiring. Her name is Nasha (sp). Nasha spoke about the work they do in the residency but also at the camps; truly inspirational.

Nasha, Jordan and June
This piece of art sits on a sliver of a median on Kirby Drive. I've never been able to get up close to it because of traffic. So...I was able to snap this view of it from the 7th floor.
Three different views from the terrace at 2727 Kirby Drive.

No comments: