Sunday, January 3, 2010

This Isn't A Resolution...

...but it is a goal. You see...

A few years ago, I read an article (I think in Oprah's magazine) that Carly Simon kept a Polaroid Journal. How cool is that (except now Polaroid film is no longer manufactured)? So I am going to try and take at least one photo a day of something. Maybe more, who knows? I know that I won't be able to post one every day but I will play catch up.

And you my readers will see what I photograph. So with that said...

January 1, 2010 (more photos can be found here.
I was invited to a party at the home of Tony & Ross. It was also a pool party and even though the pool was heated and it was 92 degrees Farenheit, the actual temperature in Houston was in the 50s. I opted not to jump in the pool. Ross made some yummy black-eyed peas and for me to say they were yummy, they were YUMMY! I HATE black-eyed peas but if you don't eat any on New Year's Day, you will have bad luck during the year.

This is a pic of the sunset in Houston. I took this pic from Memorial Drive in NoRO while I was walking Calvin.

I then went to a party at Lan & Bryan's. They supplied the booze and the guests supplied the food and OMG I was stuffed when I left.


January 2, 2010
The City charter requires that the new mayor be sworn in on January 2, along with the City Controller. Because it was on a Saturday, Annise Parker opted to do a private ceremony and do a public ceremony on January 4. This would save quite a bit of money because City workers wouldn't have to come in on Saturday. This is a pic I snapped from Channel 2.

While I was watching the news, I was doing laundry. Calvin opted to pass out. You see...

He was real lethargic because we went to see the vet to get his booster shots. It wore him and me out!

1 comment:

Stephen said...

This is a very noble goal. I look forward to seeing the progress. Happy New Decade!