Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Photo Journal: January 4, 2010

I went with Keith and Kevin to Annise Parker's Inauguration Party at Discovery Green. Donors who contributed high dollar amounts were invited to a cocktail party at The Grove. The rest of could attend the free party. Now, any other January night this would have been a great idea but it was a bit on the chilly side.

However, Tear down the mountains, Stop all the rivers, push, strike, and kill chilly weather was NOT going to keep me from seeing Tony Award winner Jennifer Holliday. Other performers included Roy Head, Mango Punch, Yvonne Washington and the legendary Archie Bell. I actually got to do the Tighten Up while Archie Bell was singing live.

Jennifer Holliday performed her signature song And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going and dedicated it to Annise. What a moment! It was followed by fireworks while Black Eyed Peas I Gotta Feeling played over the sound system. Below is a photo of Jennifer Holliday singing one of her songs. For more photos, click here.




1 comment:

alnhouston said...

Very cool. Hope to see you soon.
Happy New Year!