Monday, January 18, 2010

Photo Journal: January 17, 2010

I wasn't sure what I was going to do about the Aramco Houston Half Marathon. You see...

I've been having some severe pains in my left leg. It actually started a few months ago when I would hit the 10 mile mark and the right ankle would start to hurt. I think I started favoring the right leg which messed up the left leg.

One day in church, I was standing there and it felt like someone took an ice pick to my left knee. It hurt so bad for a few moments that I thought I was going to fall down.

So anywho, my plan for Sunday was to run and then walk when the pain set in. At the last minute, I changed my game plan. Because I was in the black corral with the second wave of runners/walkers, I definitely was not moving at a running pace. Instead, I was moving at a jogging pace. That actually ended up being what I did for most of the 13.1 miles. Yep, I had some pain and I did walk a bit but overall I'm happy that I finished in 2:34:andsomeseconds. I figured it would take me 3+ hours.

Below is a pic from yesterday. To see more photos, click here.


EDIT: I just found this on KPRC's website. My neighbor Ryan Korsgard posted this story.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks so much for posting this original and unique article. I can't tell you how many times I've visited blogs
from Google and they've got nothing on them but crappy ads and false information that's unereliable. I don't
normally comment on blogs, but I just thought that i'd drop you a line and tell you that I think you're doing a fantastic job.
Thanks! if you want, you can check out my blog at Reclining Lawn Chair and
Xbox 360 Repairs

Anonymous said...

Hey Great Blog. I submitted you to Reddit and Digg. If you want, you can check out my article here: World of Warcraft Mods You Need