Tuesday, May 26, 2009

God Bless You

I really wasn't looking forward to going to work today. Three day weekends are so much fun and I was afraid that Tuesday would be the new Monday.

Our receptionist was out today so I was helping to answer the phones. In two separate instances, two callers, who I have never met, said, "God bless you." (and no, I didn't sneeze.) One even told me that God was in control and not to worry.

OK. All I did was answer the phone and give them some information. However, considering the way things have been going and something that happened over the weekend, it was a bit reassuring and nice to hear those nice words from strangers. And maybe I really was helpful or maybe it was a message from God to not worry?

Who knows?

2 comments:

Viv said...

I think it was a good sign. sometimes we need to get that gentle reminder that he is with us.

Unknown said...

I think God has enough on his plate at the moment, and perhaps this more more to self-reassure for the callers, unaccustomed hearing a bright and warm voice on the phone?