Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Jukebox Wednesday

Some bloggers post pics of themselves on HNT (Half Naked Thursday) and yes, they are HN. I can't imagine anyone wanting to see me HN on a Thursday, much less FN on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday!

So...I thought I would start Jukebox Wednesday. Once a week, on Wednesday, I will either post a video or the lyrics to a song that I really like.

With today's launch, I am posting a song by Tina Turner. Are you shocked that it isn't a Pet Shop Boys song? Knowing that my gentle readers would expect that I decided to throw you for a loop and make your day a bit caddywampus!

I saw Tina Turner perform this song live in May 1996 when she launched her Wildest Dreams Tour at The Cynthia Mitchell Woods Pavillion in The Woodlands, Texas. And guess who was there that night? Oprah! That would be the first of two Oprah incidents in my life and it would be the first of two times I would see Tina Turner perform. I digress. So here is Tina Turner's Silent Wings.

4 comments:

David Dust said...

OMG - you ARE from Texas - you used the word "caddywumpus"!! I've only ever heard my Mom and my Texas relatives use that term.

XOXOXOXOXOXO

btw - I had never heard of Half-Naked Thursdays, but it's definitely not something I'll be doing over at DavidDust. No one needs to see that...

:)

Viv said...

OK I want to know the other Oprah sighting!

Timmy said...

So the 2nd time was in San Diego at America's Finest City 1/2 Marathon. I didn't know she was there until I saw it on Entertainment Tonight. She had some women's fitness challenge going on and she took her gang with her to run in San Diego. She didn't register under the name Oprah Winfrey. She used her dog's name.

Anonymous said...

I like your Pet Shop Boy videos. MBC