Saturday, November 14, 2015

#PrayersForParis



I was in my own bubble yesterday. When I left work I started listening to NPR and President Obama was on the air talking about the attacks in Paris. I went back into my bubble when I went to the storage looking for some items that were packed a year ago.

I get home, walk The Calvinator, eat and start watching the telly and that is when I realized the extent of the terror and carnage in Paris.

I awakened this morning and tuned in to CNN and tried to start processing what happened. I immediately thought of this:



I then searched for this quote from Bobby Kennedy:

"No one - no matter where he lives or what he does - can be certain who will suffer from some senseless act of bloodshed. And yet it goes on and on.

Why? What has violence ever accomplished? What has it ever created? No martyr's cause has ever been stilled by his assassin's bullet.

No wrongs have ever been righted by riots and civil disorders. A sniper is only a coward, not a hero; and an uncontrolled, uncontrollable mob is only the voice of madness, not the voice of the people." -The Cleveland Club, April 8, 1965

#PrayersForParis #prièrespourParis #jesuisparis #WhatTheWorldNeedsNowIsLove

No comments: