Sunday, November 1, 2015

Pic(s) Of The Day - 09.27.15 - One Of A Kind

Pope Francis came to visit the U.S.A. It was in conjunction with an address to the United Nations. He also addressed the a joint session of Congress, which was a first. And, prior to his address he met with U.S. Speaker of the House John Boehner. I didn't realize Boehner is Roman Catholic so I can imagine that this was a big deal.

I didn't have a chance to travel to the east to see him so these photos are not my own. I can't remember where I found them but they're significant because they are from a prison that he went to visit in the Philadelphia, PA. I found out later that the chair was made by some of the prisoners under the direction of the prison staff.

While he hasn't come around on some issues like I think he should, he is definitely showing that he is the Pope Of The People. He continues to put himself among us commoners.

No comments: