Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Mystery and Fantasy Mardi Gras Party: The Hottest Ticket In Town

Back in the late '90s, I was invited to a black tie, by invitation only, Mardi Gras party at Rich's (now known as Limelight). I didn't know much about it but the person who was able to get me the invitation made it very clear that I needed to be there by 6:00PM and I must be in a tuxedo AND I must have a mask. Well, not one to not follow protocol, I did as instructed and I was blown away.

I had so much fun and every year after that I made sure to get an invitation because the only way in is with an invitation. There were a few years that I wasn't sure if my connection would come through but it did. And rather than deal with the stress of not knowing if I would have an invitation, I joined the group!

It is by far one of the most fun groups I've ever belonged to and it is so much fun to throw beads from the stage and just have a good time for a good time's sake. It's not a fundraiser. It's just a party with 1,000 of my closest friends.



Check back on Sunday or Monday for a recap and maybe some photos!

Laissez les bon temps rouler!

#MFMGP #MFMGP2015 

No comments: