Wednesday, July 23, 2014

(not the) Pic Of The Day - 07.22.14 - Le Leg, Le Cirque

I can't let the day end without commenting about last night's episode of The Real Housewives of New York City.  It was by far one of the funniest episodes ever.

I found it funny that Team Sonja consists of a psychic, a gossipy massage therapist and an entourage of people that we really don't know what they do but hey, they're Team Sonja.

I also find it funny that Aviva: 1) Carried around her x-rays (with her name on them); 2) She handed out her doctor's business cards for the women to call and verify that she has asthma...uh, it's called HIPPA; and 3) The leg being put on the table.

OK.  I've never been to Le Cirque in New York but I have been to Le Cirque in Las Vegas and they have high standards.  Taking off your leg and putting it on the table and then picking it up and throwing it probably isn't their good public decorum rules for the restaurant.  Granted, Team Sonja et al were in a private dining room but still, whatever happened to good manners?  I was just waiting for Countess LuAnn to say, "Money can't buy you class."

All of this reminds me of a postcard that I have somewhere in a box in my kitchen that has the saying, "In my family, homosexuality, schizophrenia, and alcoholism were a small price to pay for good manners and good public decorum."  Trust me, no one in my would be taking off their leg and throwing it.  This makes the table flipping and wig pulling look like an everyday occurrence.

Carole Radziwill said it best, "It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings . . or the crazy bitch throws her leg."

"Only in New York kids, only in New York." - Cindy Adams

No comments: