Monday, March 10, 2014

"Here's Your One Chance...

...Fancy don't let me down."  And she didn't let me down.

On Thursday (03.06.14) I received a last minute invitation to go to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo.  Now, this may seem like a big deal to you but it was to me because Reba McEntire was performing AND I the ticket allowed me access to a private suite on Level 4.

It was a sweet deal because it was open bar, food and a bathroom.  Throw Reba into the mix and it was a fun night!  This wasn't the first time I had seen her perform at the rodeo so I knew that I would be entertained.  In fact, Reba has performed 19 times at the rodeo and to honor her, they named a scholarship after her.

I have several favorite songs recorded by Reba: The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia; Sunday Kind Of Love; Does He Love You; and Fancy.  Of the three, Sunday Kind Of Love is probably not high up on the most requested songs so I didn't expect her to sing it at the show and she didn't so I wasn't disappointed.

She closed out the show with Fancy and I'm glad she didn't do an encore because there is no way to top that song!
Calf Scramble
Reba

No comments: