Friday, March 28, 2014

Burn Baby Burn

I haven't been feeling well for the past month or so.  It's all allergy/hay fever related.  I've tried various OTC meds and Saturday I switched to Zyrtec.

No one told me how groggy it would make me but the commercials are factual...it clears you up.  So...what is the point of me telling you all of this?

On Monday, I meant to take a photo of The Calvinator and me watching Dancing With The Stars but I was so out of it when I got home, I fell asleep after I walked him.  So far this year, I have missed two days of taking photos and getting something posted.

Tuesday MORE than made it for it.  You see...

There I was minding my own business at work and I happened to look out the window just a bit before 12:30p.m.  There was black smoke to the north of the building.  I commented that it looked like something was on fire on I-10 because that happens from time to time but then we realized it was much closer, the fire was getting bigger and we could actually see orange flames!

It turns out an apartment complex under construction was burning and baby was it burning.  We could hear sirens coming from all different directions and it was causing traffic gridlock all through the neighborhood.

What's fascinating about this structure, is that it was built right next to to a cemetery and there had just been a news story about it!  Coincidence?  I think not.

I can honestly say that I have never seen a fire of this magnitude.  It was almost of biblical proportions.

You can read more about it here.

No comments: