Saturday, February 9, 2013

Life Is A Cabaret

Last night I woke up from an afternoon nap (yes, that was a long nap but I also didn't get much sleep the night before so I was suffering from sleep deprivation), and was flipping channels.  One station that plays Cold Case was showing an episode titled Willkommen


It reminded me about an interview on Today that I saw last week so maybe the show should be Yesterday?  This year marks the 40th anniversary of the release of the movie  Anywho... you can see the interview below.


 
Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

I have seen the movie many times and the one thing that I never realized is that with the exception of one song, all the songs are performed inside the Kit Kat Klub.  The point was made that people don't walk around and then burst into song.  To some degree I disagree with that because, well..sometimes I do that.

I also didn't realize that this was Marisa Berenson's first movie!

This one episode brought back many memories of the movie and stage production but the one thing I will always remember about the movie first being released is the movie poster.  What a wonderful piece of art.

No comments: