Tuesday, August 25, 2009

National Dog Day


According to Ryan & Isabella at Houston Dog Blog, tomorrow is National Dog Day. According to the website, "...August 26th serves as a day to acknowledge those dogs that selflessly devote each day to save lives, keep us safe and be our loyal companions."

What they don't know is that every day is Dog Day where I live. Calvin always comes first! It's all about Calvin. And why shouldn't it be? He is the epitome of man's best friend.

For those of you who have never owned a dog, they are the best example of unconditional love. Of course it has to do with the fact that they stick close to the people who feed them, give them treats and take them for rides and walks.

So if you have a dog, give that dog a very special hug tomorrow.

2 comments:

Rick said...

I love that image of Calvin. Well Calvin probably considers himself pretty lucky too. I second the sentiments on the unconditional love. My girls are always glad to see me no matter what kind of day they have.

Brettcajun said...

I heard from a reliable source that Calvin has you SO WHIPPED. ;) That's sweet.