Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Can We Talk (revisited)

Last Friday night I went to see Joan Rivers and she was hoot! There were no sacred cows in the crowd except for the gay men. (She knows which side her bread is buttered on.)

The lady was full of energy and it was amazing at 76 years old that she was so full of energy on the stage. She did say something at the end of the show that sums it though, "I'm a performer." When she's on, she's on!

One of the jokes that made me cackle and almost lay an egg was when she talked about her daughter Melissa was offered $400,000 to pose topless in Playboy. She said Melissa called her and said, "Mother! You would be so proud of me! I turned down $400,000 to pose topless in Playboy." To which Joan replied, "For another $100,000 you could have shown your p_ssy! Your mother needs the money. She plays to gay men and drunks!"

Eric got to meet Joan after the show and present her with a Safe Sex basket from Legacy. Here is a photo that Dan D. snapped.

1 comment:

Viv said...

You gotta love Joan! I hope I still have my potty mouth at her age.