Saturday, October 3, 2015

Pic(s) Of The Day - 09.12.15 - Holocaust Museum

It seemed like a good idea. Skip out on the morning sessions of USCA and visit The United States Holocaust Memorial Museum.

So I did and made a few stops along the way. By the time I got there, I really only had about 1.5 hours and I'm sort of glad I was a time limit. The museum is overwhelming and heartbreaking. It makes you wonder how the Nazis were able to bamboozle everyone.

I learned some new things and had my memory refreshed on other things. I was doing OK until I got to the area that was about the concentration camps. The stories made me sick. What really turned my stomach was the exhibit of shoes and hair that was shaved from the people in the camps.

If you ever have the chance to visit the museum, please do so. And be prepared.











No comments: