Monday, December 7, 2009

Scenes from a Saturday Night (early Sunday morning in Houston)

I received an invitation to the 20th Magnolia Holiday Party. I have lived in Houston since 1992 and had never been invited to this party...how could that be? So with invitation in hand and a friends by my side, we were off to the party.

Now you may be wonder why the word Magnolia is used in the name of this party. Well as it turns out the party originally started at the historic Magnolia Ballroom. The party outgrew the ballroom so it has traveled to different venues.

This year's event was open bar and I made sure to get over-served and turn into a lushpartake of the kindness of the hosts. Also at this year's event, Legacy Community Health Services was one of the beneficiaries. Guests had the option of making a donation to one of five beneficiaries.

Some photos are posted below. If you want to see more photos, click here.



2 comments:

Miss Ginger Grant said...

I've never even heard of that part... must be REALLY exclusive! No wonder I wasn't invited!

alnhouston said...

exlusive to whom and... restrictive to what?

glad you had fun.