Thursday, August 20, 2015

Pic(s) Of The Day - 08.07.15 - Not Today Satan! Not Today!

This is NOT how you want to be awakened to meet the neighbors.

The fire alarm in the building went off at 1:08AM. At first I thought it was the alarm clock but I soon realized it was the fire alarm. It even awakened The Calvinator.

So...I went out to the balcony to determine if there was fire/smoke beneath me, above me or to the side of me. Negative.

Then, I went to the door to feel for heat. Negative.

Then, I slowly opened the door to smell for smoke. Negative.

Then, I put on my shoes, grabbed by billfold, keys, two phones, the leash and The Calvinator and down we went, four flights of stairs. Before we entered the stairwell, it did occur to me that this could be an alarm to notify of us of an active shooter in the building. The other thought that occurred to me was that maybe a gunman/gunwoman pulled the alarm to get people in the hallways and stairwells and start shooting at us.

I didn't grow with that mentality. When a fire alarm sounded it meant it was either a fire drill or a fire. Growing up it NEVER would have occurred to me that someone could be attempting to kill people. It made me sad that this is the environment we live in.

So...The fire truck was approaching as we exited. It was only a matter of minutes.

And it turns out, some guy was trying to get his girlfriend's attention and pulled the alarm. #notcool #childish




No comments: