Saturday, March 14, 2015

Pic Of The Day - 03.09.15 - Steve Costello For Mayor

I attended the Steve Costello's press conference announcing that he was throwing in his hat for Mayor of Houston. He had been talking about it and everyone knew he was going to do it but until you stand in front of a room of 300 people and the media is there and the campaign signs are displayed, it's not official I guess that's how it's done. I've never run for public office so I'm not an authority on the subject.

I first met Steve, probably about 6 years ago when he was running for Houston City Council. A friend introduced us, I drank the Kool-Aid and then encouraged my friends to drink the Kool-Aid. They did and we were happy when he was elected.

Through the past few years I have had the pleasure of getting to know him and his wife. And now, Debbie (his wife) and I work together.

Steve made a commitment that he would vote for Houston's Equal Rights Ordinance (HERO) and he did. With some of his constituents, it probably wasn't the most popular decisions but he kept his word.

You'll be hearing more from Steve over the next several months. In the meantime, visit his website and attend a campaign fundraiser and get to know him better.

Visit costelloformayor.com here.

No comments: