Thursday, September 11, 2014

In memoriam

From my visit to the 9/11 Memorial.  Photo was taken on 9/2/13
Today marks the 13th anniversary of what we have come to name 9/11.  On this day in 2001, terrorists attacked the United States by flying airplanes into the twin towers at the World Trade Center in New York City and the Pentagon in Washington, D.C. A fourth plane crashed in the countryside of Pennsylvania near Shanksville.  It was brought down after the passengers on the plane commandeered the plane from the terrorists.

This is always a strange day for me.  And it started again this morning when I was getting ready for work while watching the Today Show.  The broadcast was interrupted to show the President of the United States commemorating the day at the time of the first plane crashing into one of the towers.  Thirteen years ago while I was watchin the show, the show was interrupted when reports started coming in that a plane had crashed into of the towers.  It was deja vu all over again.

In a previous post, I have documented what happened in my life leading up to 9/11/01.  This post explains it all.  To this day, I wonder if I encountered anyone on that trip who died with the collapse of the towers.  It's not something that I think about all of the time but it something that I think of once a year.


No comments: