Sunday, March 3, 2013

The Harlem Shake - Part II

I had a feeling that it was just a matter of time before someone stood up and said, "This is the real Harlem Shake."  And Melissa Harris-Perry did it today.  Of course she had to give a commentary, because she's that way, before the viewers actually get to see it happen.

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy
It sort of reminds me of Voguing.  Madonna didn't invent it, she just brought it to the spotlight.  In fact, it was while I was watching Paris Is Burning that I was introduced to the New York City ball culture and the houses.  Voguing is something that had been happening for years and was brought to the general public via the movie and Madonna.


I wonder what the next craze will be that we'll buy into but that already exists? Any ideas?

No comments: