Friday, September 20, 2013

Popular

Believe it or not I have never seen Wicked.  The musical has been to Houston several times but I've just never had the time to see it.  And on trips to New York, I either don't have the time to see it, it's been sold out, or there is something else I choose to see.

What's even more bizarre is that I know most of the songs.  I own the Original Cast Recording cd and I've listened to it many times.  The one song I've listened to over and over is Popular.

 So...last week I attend the ISES Icon Awards.  To be quite honest with you I wasn't really sure what it was all about but I was pleased to be there because Jackson Hicks and Darryl Murchison were receiving special awards.

The event took place at The Corinthian which is an old bank building in downtown Houston that has been restored and turned into an events venue.  It is a really nice building.















I know I'm digressing but there really is a point to all of this.  So...

I walk into The Corinthian and grab a cocktail.  I know.  You're not surprised.  So after, some of my tablemates arrived, we went upstairs and guess who was the most popular?  This girl:


Yes, that is a metal frame skirt that holds champagne glasses, cupcakes, tequila shots, etc.!  If only I could be this popular. :-/

So...in keeping with the Wicked theme, they also had Dan Dunn there doing his PaintJam thing and he is amazing!


He too was very popular!  La, la.  La. la.



No comments: