Friday, August 23, 2013

Not All Superheroes Wear Capes

On Tuesday, August 27, a gunman walked into an Atlanta area elementary and barricaded himself in the front office.  Unbelievably, no one was harmed.  800 children were evacuated and taken out of harm's way.  For the full story, visit CNN.

Antoinette Tuff was in the office and was confronted by the gunman.  She placed a call to 911 and spoke with Kendra McCray.  I'm not sure how either women kept their cool but because of them, no was injured.

I watched Anderson Cooper's interview last night and it brought tears to my eyes because these women are heroes AND I don't know what I would have done if I had been put in a similar situation.  I can only hope that God would speak to me like He spoke to Antoinette.  And I would hope that if I was on the receiving end of the phone call, He would grant me the patience, knowledge and calmness that was exhibited by Kendra McCray.


No comments: