Friday, June 22, 2007

Ramblings Of A Caffeinated Mind 1.1

URGGGGGGGHHHH!
Do you ever have one of those days when you wake up and you feel like you're going to blow up...sort of being on the edge of losing it?

A few minutes ago a lady honked at me 'cause I wouldn't make a right turn on red. "Hey lady! There were cars coming at me!" I almost got out of the car and banged on her window but in this town you never know who has a gun in their car. To make matters worse, after we both turned onto Memorial Drive we got stopped by a red light. She was in the middle lane 5 cars back; I was in the right lane first car at the light. She proceeds to get behind me and ride my bumper. UGH!

Maybe I shouldn't have had coffee this morning.

OK. Enough of my ranting.

1, 2, Cha Cha Cha
Do you ever see something that makes you giggle? After my run on Thursday, I was in the jungle gym area doing my post-run stretches. The iPod was playing Janet Jackson’s Together Again (Tony Moran 12” Club mix).

There was a lady not far from me who was doing some type of calisthenics that looked like she was doing Cha Cha steps…except she didn’t have any type of musical device to give her the beat. However, her rhythm was right on beat with what was playing on my iPod. I started to giggle and almost went to ask her if I could Cha Cha with her.


June 21 (revisited)

Yesterday was the first day of summer, also known as the Summer Solstice. Solstice comes from the Latin words that mean “sun stops”. If I understand it correctly, at 1:06P CDT on June 21, 2007, the sun reached the Tropic of Cancer. From that point on, it will now start to move south because the earth is tilting in a different direction and the days will get shorter. Does that sorta make sense?

Speaking of the longest day of the year. In my Father’s Day post, I mentioned a trip to South Korea. The day that I departed Seoul happened to be June 21, 1989. Seoul is much farther north than Ft. Worth so the sun came up around 415A. We left that afternoon and at some point we went from the 21st of June back to the 20th of June but landed at LAX around 1000A on the 21st of June so here is the sun in the morning…again. I didn’t get back to DFW until the evening of the 21st and the sun was STILL out. Str8 Up With A Twist recommends to its readers not to cross the International Date Line anywhere near June 20 and June 21. It will mess with your mind and your sleep.

And speaking once again of summer. Have I ever told you that Houston has two seasons? That’s right! Summer and August.

Yoga Boi messed with my mind yesterday. I figured that since it was the longest day of the year, he would be out early. I got to the park around 615A and no Yoga Boi. I run-right counter-clockwise and at about mile 1 running-right clockwise was Yoga Boi. Did he do yoga yesterday? And I promise, that I will do a post about Yoga Boi and why I am so intrigued with him doing yoga at the park.

P.S. Forgot to tell you

A good thing happened on Wednesday night. I received a massage! Calvin doesn’t know it but that was his Father’s Day present to me…since he didn’t even acknowledge the day. If you’re in Houston and looking for a massage therapist that does an awesome job, visit Your Body In Harmony.

No comments: