Monday, April 28, 2008

Ramblings Of A Caffeinated Mind 11.0

Party Pix
You will recall that in a previous post I mentioned Legacy's gala at Neiman-Marcus. If you would like to view photos from the gala, click here. I am only in one pic and it isn't very good because I'm laughing and I look like I have chipmunk cheeks. Everyone else looks good.

Weather
OK, so what's the deal? This morning when I went to walk The Calvinator it was 58 degrees! And the heater had turned on! Just the other day I was running the air conditioner. I'm thinking Al Gore might be a bit wrong about this global warming thing. It's already supposed to be hot in H-town.

Actually, hell froze over and no one sent me an e-mail or text message. Seriously. You see...

Something happened the other night and when I found out about it via email, I replied back, "Did hell freeze over?" So it must have and that is why the temp was 58 this morning.

Big Brother
I am so glad this season is over. I was over it a few weeks ago. Did you notice that I stopped blogging about it? Adam won. (In case you were wondering.)

Goober
Howard Dean is a goober. I think I would be better at heading up the Democratic National Committee. He should have taken care of this whole Michigan & Florida thing long ago.

This morning on the Today Show he was being interviewed by Meredith Viera. She asked him a question and when he answered, he called her Andrea. Uh, would that be Andrea Mitchell? LOL

Physic
Did you know that I'm a physic? You see...

Several years ago on Westcott here in NoRO, there was a lady who set up shop. She was a psychic (who ended up going to the pokey) but her big sign on Westcott said Physic.

So why am I a psychic/physic? Well...

Last night I was too tired to fall asleep so I was channel surfing and what do I run across? Evita starring Madonna and Antonio Banderas. Fortunately I fell asleep after some of my favorite songs had been sung.

One of the songs that I *heart* is Buenos Aires. So this morning, on the Today Show, Matt Lauer started his Where In The World Is Matt Lauer Tour and where in the world was Matt Lauer this morning? In Buenos Aires! Who knew? Well, I guess I did.





Oh no he didn't
You know there are some people who just are not meant to get into the groove, especially with a New Orleans jazz band. I know he doesn't drink alcohol but maybe he should have had a Hurricane from Pat O's or a Long Island Iced Tea from Lafitte's before he decided to bust a move. (BTW...I've been meaning to post for a few days now so this is probably old news to some of you.)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have found that the weather is never predictably "hot" until after Memorial Day. If you wish to test this theory, just plan a pool party/beach vacation/garden party prior to Memorial Day. Hell may not freeze but you will!

That picture of Andrea Mitchell is SCARE- E ! She looks like a tickaty tack, drip-dry drag queen who is NOT aplogizing for it! Or Judith Light in the prison scenes on UB! (I *heart* JL!)

And anyone who doesn't *heart* Matt Lauer in his board shorts and washboard need to turn in their card AND return the toaster oven. Enuff sed!

Hope you will make it to EJ's next Saturday for the Miss Mint Julep Derby Day Party!!

Anonymous said...

Dean did take care of FL and MI. They broke the rules. Simple as that. If they get seated at the convention there will be total anarchy in 2012.Candidates won't be able to plan their campaigns.