Friday, January 10, 2014

From Bowling Alley to Broadway Legend - One Night Only

I've often been told that I am multifaceted. This isn't to imply that I have multiple personalities it's just that I have varied interests and can fit in almost anywhere.  So I guess maybe I'm a quasi-chameleon?  For example...

Last night was the Legacy employee holiday party at Lucky Strike.  There were multiple reasons we did the party in January but long story short it's always good to try and round up the employees for an evening of fun.


I would have stayed longer at Lucky Strike BUT I had an invitation to meet Betty Buckley at a private party.

Bowling Alley?  Betty Buckley?  Karaoke?  Broadway Legend?  Pool Table?  Cases Of Jewelry?  Guess what I chose.

I left the party early and went to Tenenbaum & Co. for a meet and greet with Betty Buckley.  Tenenbaum & Co. has some beautiful jewelry.  I had never been there so I was thrilled to be able to peruse their collection of jewelry without feeling pressured to buy something like I could afford it.

When I walked in, Betty was the first person I saw and I was star struck but not to the point where I was willing to step into the circle of guests and interrupt the conversation.  I partook in stunning repartee with Lydia from Lydia Baehr Public Relations and other guests.  Eventually, I made my way over to Betty and met her.  She is everything I imagined her to be because Fort Worth like us are good people.
Steve Bland, Betty Buckley & Timmy Martinez
I can't wait to see her perform tonight!  Don't forget...if you need more information about the show, visit Brilliant Lecture Series website.

No comments: