Thursday, February 28, 2008

Mahogany


So yesterday when Bill Clinton was doing his parking lot rally at Fiesta I sort of had a flashback to the movie Mahogany.

Bryan (Billy Dee Williams) was running for office and would do parking lot rallies and campaign at factories. Tracy/Mahogany (Diana Ross) would stand in the crowd and heckle him (it was planned). He is stating his platform and she wants to know what he is going to do for her.

I can't remember exactly what she says to him but it is something like, "My man left me. Can you bring him home?"...or something like that.

I sort of expected Tracy/Mahogany to be in the crowd yesterday and heckle Bill about cheating on his wife. Maybe he is paying his dues for that by showing up in parkling lots of grocery stores?

1 comment:

Viv said...

I thought of you today while listening to Howard this morning. They interviewed Gennifer Flowers. I learned some stuff about Bill I did not need to know. LOL!